top of page
Construction Quality Assurance Monitor
KEY is looking for personnel with construction oversight/construction quality assurance monitoring experience in support of civil and environmental projects located in the northeastern United States. The initial opportunity will be located in southwestern PA with approximately 75% of the work performed in the field and 25% in the office.
• Interpret and ensure compliance with the approved plans, technical specifications, quality control/quality assurance plans, contractor submittals, and permit requirements for earthworks and geosynthetic materials
• Comply with project health and safety and monitoring plans
• Obtain and record field measurements of construction
• Prepare detailed concise daily construction logs and meeting minutes
• Acquire point and topographic survey data using a GPS rover or tablet
• Supervise and train as necessary field QA personnel
• Inspect and document geosynthetic materials delivery, unloading/handling, storage, protection, deployment, seaming, sampling, testing, and repair, including but not limit to, geomembrane, geotextile, geogrid, and erosion control products.
• Inspect and document construction materials delivery, unloading/handling, storage, protection, sampling, testing, installation, repair, including but not limit to, borrow soils, aggregate, drainage pipe, vent pipe, and soil amendments and mulch.
• Tabulate and review laboratory and field test data, compile technical reports
• Civil 3D a plus
• Experience with coal combustion residuals (CCRs) a plus
• US citizenship
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, geology or construction technology (BS Civil Engineering preferred)
• 29 CFR 1910.120 OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER and 8-Hour Annual General Site Worker Refresher Training (company provided as necessary)
• OSHA Construction Training (company provided as necessary)
• Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and reliable transportation for business travel
• Ability to pass a physical and pre-employment drug screening
• Minimum 2 years experience
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills in English
• Good work ethic, pay attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity
• Organized and capable of multi-tasking
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Ability to interact routinely with client representatives, consultants, contractor, and regulatory agency representatives
• Ability to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer with experience with Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, [Project]) and Adobe Acrobat
• Thorough knowledge of applicable ASTM and Geosynthetic Research Institute standards
• Ability to operate computerized and digital testing equipment
• Willing and able to work in the field.
• Ability to bend, stretch, kneel, sit, and stand, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, and stand and walk for long periods of time
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. We offer an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401(k) with company matching, profit sharing, and an incentive bonus program.
Questions or Resumes to:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Key Environmental, Inc.
200 Third Avenue
Carnegie, PA 15106
bottom of page